Lockable CoSHH acid storage cabinets
When you buy acid storage cabinets, they must comply with the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 (CoSHH). This governs the storage of acids and other hazardous substances.
All acid storage cabinets supplied by Work Area Ltd are designed to conform to the latest hazardous material storage regulations. Browse the online brochure to see some of the CoSHH compliant lockable storage cabinets supplied by Work Area Ltd.
Acid storage cabinet requirements
Lockable storage cabinets for acids must be able to resist fire for at least 30 minutes. Steel is the best construction material. The lockable cabinets should have welded cabinet seams to prevent fire ingress.The doors should also be a close fit to the frames. Hinges on your acid cabinet doors should also have a high melting point.
Security and acid storage cabinets
Acid storage cabinets must be lockable and should only be opened when you need access. Appropriate warning signs must be fixed to the outside of your acid cabinet.
Your storage cabinets should be bolted to the floor or wall. In the event of accident or vandalism, unsecured cabinets could result in dangerous pollution.
Acid storage cabinet specifications
- Manufactured in 20 gauge mild steel with welded seams
- Fitted with reinforced non-combustible doors, with high melting point hinges
- Lockable “L” handle with 2 point locking system (2 keys supplied)
- Adjustable shelves act as a spillage tray for minor spills (adjustable in 25mm increments)
- Non-removable internal spillage sump
- Acid cabinets are finished in white polyester powder coating with warning labels on doors
Dealing with spills
Work Area’s acid cabinets have acid-resistant sumps at the bottom to protect against spills.
In addition, the shelves in your cabinets will contain minor spills.
When you need advice on the storage of acids or keeping any of your hazardous materials safe,
contact Work Area Ltd by email or by phone on 01295 982 008 now.
View our Haz Mat – Acid Range